Sony Pictures Television will launch the UK’s first free-to-air movie network as it rebrands its existing entertainment networks in the UK to form one cohesive Sony-branded portfolio. Sony Movies, Sony Movies Action, Sony Movies Classic and the seasonal pop-up channel Sony Movies Christmas will form the Sony Movies network. At the same time, the Sony-owned entertainment channel True Entertainment will be relaunched as Sony Channel.
The selection of new channels will be:
• Sony Movies - All the best movies from Hollywood's biggest film studios
• Sony Movies Action - The perfect channel for thrill-seekers and adrenaline junkies
• Sony Movies Christmas - Delivering festive cheer every day from September
• Sony Movies Classic - The best loved films from the golden age of cinema (coming Jan 2020)
• Sony Channel - A celebration of iconic television and timeless entertainment
The brand new free-to-air movie network will launch on Tuesday 10th September with flagship channel Sony Movies presenting an ever-changing mix of the best of Hollywood, from rom-coms to blockbusters to critically acclaimed indie flicks. Showing movies such as Hitch, Air Force One, Vanilla Sky and Bad Boys, plus exclusive themed Showtime Sundays and Friday Night Film Club, there really is something for everyone.